sweet family

sweet family

Monday, December 30, 2013

random thoughts. reflections on the year. and a resolution to do better next year.

Let's start with my resolution to update this better next year, whether it's about day-to-day life or just random thoughts. Here's to trying! I know some of y'all read this. BUG ME if it's been awhile. (Ahem, Kaci.)

So the year in review:
-My son got bigger. He just turned ONE. Holy cow!
-I'm not going to rant about the milestones he's hit. What matters to me is the JOY he brings to so many people. Often, people stop me in the grocery store and other settings just to look at him. Seriously, I was in Wal-Mart one day and this sweet old man came up to me and ASKED if he could just stand by me and look at him for a minute. He missed his grandkids, and he thought Tripp was adorable. Some people think that's creepy, but it made my heart melt. I'm a sucker for sweet old men, especially the ones who remind me of Papa Smitty.
-David and I celebrated 3 years of marriage. Woohoo!
-I got to take David to his first ever UGA game at Sanford Stadium. Praise God we won that game!
-I worked. David worked. No job changes.
-We bought a house! We love and hate it. Haha! It was nice being an apartment to call maintenance to come fix something without having to pay for it!
-I ran in the Highland Mudder (local) this year. I. DID. AWFUL. But I did it. And I only skipped one obstacle. My poor sister tried to wait on me... I was only a few months post-partum.
-David did the Savage Race. Way more awesome. It was fun trying to keep up with his team. Lesson learned: leave the kid at home or bring the jogging stroller that is meant for crazy terrain.
-I did some great Bible studies with some fabulous ladies. Sadly, I missed out on the last one. :( But those ladies are dear to my heart.
-We made new friends and kept the old. (Pause for a stroll down memory lane in Girl Scouts.)
-We celebrated engagements, weddings, and children.
-We celebrated birthdays.
-We celebrated our friends and family just for being them.
-David got a Bengals room. I got the joy of doing it for him (with an excellent team, of course).
-I got accepted to grad school. I start in 8 days.
-That's all that strikes me right now. I'm sure I left out some random stuff, but nothing is jumping out at the moment.

Random:
-I am pretty sure Diana has a pinterest board of dinosaur things just for me. That makes me laugh.
-The things that come out of kids' mouths makes me laugh.
-I love my niece and nephews. A LOT.
-I am still getting used to my latest phone. The other day I typed a "v" everytime I tried to type a "c." My text looked like it came from a vampire.
-I haven't had ice cream in a long time.
-Babies should be born with teeth. I'm sure moms who can nurse disagree, but teething is awful. AWFUL.
-I really, really love my church. I don't make it every Sunday by a long shot. But, I'm working on it. I love our pastor. I love the people. Even the ones I don't know.
-The people I work with are great. I'm thankful we all get along. (Well, except for Liz... geez. ;) )
-I know I've said this before, but if I need a good laugh, I just go to Peyton's HILARIOUS board on Pinterest. It never fails me.
-I am stoked that Columbus is getting a rock climbing gym. The question is... do I still have my rock climbing shoes and chalk bag or did I donate them? Hmm...
-I have come to the conclusion that I don't like American cheese on sandwiches unless it's a grilled cheese. I don't know why. I just don't. It's gross.
-We moved into the neighborhood with (mostly) the sweetest neighbors. Thankful!
-There is an incredibly smart mouse in our house. Traps - 0, Mouse - 6. Yes, 6. 4 different kinds. Ugh.
-My sister's sugar cookies are crack. Seriously. I've tried making them. They're not the same. I ate a whole plate in 2 days. David hardly had any. I am not ashamed at all.

Onto next year:
-Love more.
-Bicker less.
-Turn the TV off. (Already getting better at this.)
-Put the phone down. Turn it off even.
-Show my faith more. I feel like I hide my faith. Not intentionally. It used to just pop in conversation all the time. I've noticed it hasn't lately. Definitely gotta work on that.
-Give more. With time. With cookies. With money. Whatever I can.
-Take a trip.
-Go running.
-Be an adult without growing up.
-Keep up with a daily devotional. How does daily get so hard?!
-Invest more in my friends family.
-Pay better attention.
-Update this.
- Make Eat more ice cream. And sugar cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment