sweet family

sweet family

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

29 down, 11 to go

Wow. It's been a bit of a whirlwind since my last update.

We moved to an apartment complex within the past two weeks. We are still adjusting. We both feel like we are living in a hotel. With the exception of decorating and the entirety of the baby room, we are pretty much unpacked. There's still a little bit here and there. Thanks to our awesome friends who helped us get out and in in a day!

Work has kept both of us on our toes. We are both incredibly grateful to have jobs we love, though. So, we can't complain. We have our stressful days (today being one of mine), but all in all we both love what we do. I overheard David talking to a friend the other night, and he said something like, "No matter where I am, I don't see myself doing anything other than law enforcement. I love it." Makes me smile. I am so proud of him, so happy he is happy, and so thankful that he can turn off the "tough cop" just as quickly as he can turn it on.

Some sweet friends of ours got married this past weekend. Sonia and Thomas, your wedding was perfect. I kept telling myself I wouldn't cry, but I think y'all had everyone teary at the vows. It was a fun celebration of the life you guys have together! Thank you for letting us be a part of it. :) We love y'all!

I'm officially 29 weeks pregnant. I feel like I've started to drop, and several people have commented that it looks like I have. Crazy! I feel like I've handled the pregnancy pretty well thus far, but I can feel myself becoming more easily agitated and short-tempered. I'm trying to work through it and control it (and NOT use it as an excuse), but you folks out there be patient with me, please! I still feel pretty well for the most part. My one, consistent complaint is acid reflux/heartburn. It doesn't matter what I eat or when, that stuff hits me hard and quick and lasts forever. Thank God to whoever created Tums! I feel like I eat them like candy for dessert before I go to bed. I go to the doctor every 2 weeks now; pretty soon I'll be going weekly. One of the hospitals offers a childbirth class. They have a series or an all-in-one day option. Due to our work schedules, David and I decided to knock it out in one day at the end of this month. I'm sure we'll be overwhelmed with information, but we are looking forward to it. We are also having maternity pictures taken after the course. I'm excited about that!

I'm so happy it's Fall, and that the weather has been more Fall-esque. It still gets hot and humid, but nothing like those 90-100 degrees. The breezes are wonderful, and the colors starting to change always makes me happy.

Side note - it REALLY bothers me how close the paper towels are in proximity to the trash can at Target. I feel like it's a race to wheel it down and grab it before it touches the trash on top. Always freaks me out. And I always immediately sanitize when I walk out. Eee. It's just gross.

I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner. I can't believe little man will be here before we know it. It's still sinking in that we're about to be parents.

In other news, it's Boss's Day. And this is exactly how I feel about my boss! She's great, but I do not ever want to fill her shoes. Ever.





1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're getting close!! :) I had heartburn sooo bad my whole pregnancy too. Try Zantac (or off brands of it). It's totally safe, and it changed my life, because Tums just wasn't cutting it after awhile, I was having to take so many.

    Derik and I also took the all-in-one day childbirth class. We were like "whoah. that was a lot of info." I also recommend the breastfeeding class if you are planning to do that.

    Love you girl! We should see each other soon! Bet you didn't even know I read this :)

    ReplyDelete