sweet family

sweet family

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Approaching single digits...

On Tuesday, we will officially hit the single-digit countdown. Crazy! Time really is flying by!

We have the furniture in the nursery set up. My mom is making the bedding. David and a team will hopefully be able to paint the room this upcoming weekend. I've got a baby shower Sunday. So much to do, but so much to look forward to.

We are still getting settled in the apartment. I'm still trying to find a place for everything and sort through what we don't need. My goal is to finish everything in the next two weeks, if not this week.

I kind of spiraled since my last post. I just got worn down, overwhelmed, and stressed out. So many people offered to help, but I didn't know where to begin. I was completely exhausted Wednesday night but couldn't fall asleep... until 6 AM. Unwillingly, I took the day off of work. I vegged alllllll day. The only productive thing I did was one load of laundry, and I took a friend to pick up her car. As much as I hated taking the day, I definitely needed it. I have slept better and felt so much more at ease since I took the time off. God knew I needed it. I guess that's why He kept me awake Wednesday night!

David and I have had a productive but incredibly great weekend. We feel like we've just been going non-stop lately. While we still ran errands over the weekend and got things accomplished, we really enjoyed taking our time running errands and grabbing a bite to eat. We went to a childbirth class on Saturday that we both found very helpful and informative. After that, we went and had maternity pictures made. It was fun! Amanda at Southern Rivers is great and has been so accommodating to our busy schedules. I'll be sure to post/link some once we get them all in a week or two. She's posted two on facebook, and we are pleased!

We busted out the original NES this week. Yes, folks, the original Nintendo. We are on World 8 of Super Mario 3. We didn't skip any worlds with whistles, either! Boom! (Confession, David is waaaaay better than me. Most of the levels are stamped with an M. But, I totally kick his tail in Donkey Kong!)

Hey, how about them Dawgs?! Yeaaaaaaa!! We were able to watch/listen to some of the game despite our crazy Saturday. We got back in the car from the maternity shoot right before Georgia scored the final touchdown. Woohoo!! Glory, glory to ole' Georgia!

Thanks to Kristin, I bought the knock-off version of Zantac, and my reflux has really died down. Thanks, girl! I definitely sleep better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment